Aging in Place Home Addition for Multigenerational Family | Great Falls, Virginia
This stunning aging in place addition was designed for a multigenerational family – with the parents in mind. The parents wanted their own space and wanted to ensure that their new addition had aging-in-place features they could potentially need in the future.
The addition features a two-story elevator, an aging-in-place bathroom with curbless shower enclosure with a Kohler digital shower, toilet with a bidet, heated towel racks, a walk-in closet with an Elfa closet system, a beverage center, a double-sink Wellborn cabinet (oak) vanity, office space and a door leading to a new Trex deck to the side of the house.
The addition was built onto the front side of the house over top of a new single-car garage (the entrance is underneath the new front stoop). The elevator goes from the finished basement to the first floor. Additionally, the foyer and front entrance was reconfigured, and a new exterior railing was added.
- Aging-in-place features make it possible for our clients to remain in their home safely and comfortably as they age.
- This multi-generational design allows the family to live together while still maintaining their own privacy and independence.
- High-quality finishes and materials create a luxurious and inviting space.
- Elevator access makes it easy to move between the different levels of the home.
- The outdoor area is perfect for relaxing and entertaining.